ContentBridge turns to Equinix to transform digital supply chain
April 18, 2016
Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, has announced that ContentBridge, a leading provider of digital supply chain solutions for the media and entertainment industry, has turned to Equinix to implement an Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA) that will enable the company to transform its digital content distribution solution to a fully cloud-based, distributed model. By utilising Equinix Cloud Exchange™, ContentBridge is able to gain secure, direct access to multiple cloud providers to enable rapid, secure content delivery. Equinix will be discussing this deployment in booth #11304 (in the Connected Media Pavilion) at this week’s NAB Show.
ContentBridge enables studios, distributors and aggregators to deliver movie, television, short-form and music content to digital media retailers more efficiently than traditional postproduction operations. Driven by a need for a robust and scalable solution for its digital supply chain business, ContentBridge turned to Equinix to improve its delivery model by gaining access to the thousands of cloud and network service providers inside Equinix’s global platform of 145 data centres in 40 markets around the world. In addition to creating a seamless cloud infrastructure, by working with Equinix, ContentBridge is also able to achieve industry-leading scalability and expansion, and extremely fast delivery to multiple content delivery networks (CDNs).
Highlights / Key Facts
- Working with Equinix, ContentBridge re-architected its IT based on an Interconnection Oriented Architecture or IOA model, which is a transformative approach to interconnecting people, locations, clouds & data. Developed by Equinix, IOA is a proven and repeatable engagement model that shifts the fundamental IT delivery architecture from siloed and centralized to interconnected and distributed. And, only Platform Equinix provides the critical building blocks to implement this architecture – a global footprint of data centres, dense cloud and service provider ecosystems, and the ability to integrate data and analytics at the edge.
- For multi-cloud access, ContentBridge utilized Equinix Cloud Exchange, an interconnection-based solution that provides direct, private access to multiple cloud providers, such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, via a single port.
- On Tuesday, April 19th, Equinix and ContentBridge executives, Brian Lillie and Douglas Reinart, will be participating in a panel at the NAB Show that discusses how cloud has shifted the media industry landscape over the last three years, and looks at the future of technology trends shaping media today.
- Robert Blackburn, Vice President, Equinix
“Equinix is thrilled to be working with ContentBridge to help them offer cost-effective, secure and high-performing digital supply chain solutions for the entertainment industry. A cloud-based solution will enable the company to eliminate costly hardware, as well as significantly improve content delivery time. Ultimately, the relationship with Equinix will allow ContentBridge to bring advanced digital supply chain solutions directly to the content, wherever the content owner chooses to maintain the digital library.”
- Jason Peterson, CEO, ContentBridge
“Thanks to Equinix, we have access to an amazing data center with direct interconnection to all of the major cloud service providers. We were able to consolidate our operational footprint by relocating our client services team within the same highly secure facility as our servers and cloud interconnect. This relationship also clears a path for ContentBridge to rapidly achieve global reach.”