Finecast extends TV reach with new supply partners
April 7, 2021
Finecast, an addressable TV provider, has today announced it has extended TV reach beyond traditional broadcasters on its platform, with the onboarding of four new supply partners; Roku, Rakuten, Pluto and YuppTV. The supply partnership will enable advertisers to reach and measure audiences at scale within the most premium, professionally produced ‘for TV’ content across all major consumer screens.
Following a rigorous screening process to ensure all content is aligned with the excellent standard of quality inventory already available to brands, Finecast is enabling advertisers to further extend their reach to consumers. The new supply partnership underpins Finecast’s big screen first approach, complementing its current broadcaster-led offering, offering additional channels and access to diverse audiences in one unified solution.
- Rakuten is pre-installed in over 90m Smart TV devices (Samsung, LG, Phillips, Sony), also supported on Android and IOS devices
- 2.8m monthly users reached each month
- The AVOD channel is carried on 3 major UK platforms; All Roku retails products, Now TV & SKY Q
- 2m UK households currently but with aggressive growth targets this year
- Installed on a range of Smart TV’s (Android, Samsung, LGTV), Roku streaming devices, Amazon Fire stick
- Currently 1.3m monthly users
- Available across a range of Smart TV providers, consoles and plug ins
- The number 1 OTT player for South Asian pay TV across the globe, including 375,000 downloads in the U.K.
- Average UK household spending 5 hours per day watching Yupp TV channels
Lockdown has accelerated the growth of streaming, as an estimated 12 million adults in the UK took up a new SVOD subscription during lockdown. Additionally, the desire for more content has also seen the majority of consumers (60%) say they would watch adverts to be able to access video content for free. It is against this backdrop that the growth of ad-based video-on-demand (AVOD) has begun.
“We are delighted to announce our supply partnership with Roku, Rakuten, Pluto and YuppTV – giving our customers singular access to addressable TV advertising on additional platforms.” said Harry Harcus, Managing Director, UK at Finecast. “The addressable TV market is expanding rapidly, and through bringing new channels into the mix, Finecast can futureproof client solutions, bringing in new audience and expanding reach.”
The screening procedure Finecast employs covers quality scoring, data and tech review, commercial review, roll-out planning and an ongoing annual review process to ensure partners continue to offer the best solutions for brands.