Peacock unveils first WWE original series
March 14, 2022
By Nik Roseveare
Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, has announced that its first WWE original series, WWE EVIL, will launch on March 24th.
Created and hosted by John Cena, the 8-part docu-series is the latest expansion of WWE programming on Peacock, and the first-ever original from WWE Studios. Taking an unprecedented look inside the psyche some of the most celebrated antagonists in WWE, the series unveils the Superstars’ impact on mainstream culture.
“As Peacock continues to expand its WWE programming, we are thrilled to bring the new original series ‘WWE Evil’ to platform, working with the one and only John Cena,” said Benny Reuven, Vice President of Entertainment Unscripted Content at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “There is no one better to take viewers into the minds of WWE’s fiercest villains than Cena himself. We can’t wait for WWE fans to devour this series.”
Each one-hour episode of this psychological exposé, dives deep into a single infamous heel, unveiling behind-the-scenes details from some of the biggest names in the industry.
WWE EVIL Superstars featured include:
- EPISODE 1 – ‘Hollywood’ Hulk Hogan: Hulk Hogan goes ‘Hollywood’, betraying his fans and beliefs to become the personification of evil.
- EPISODE 2 – The Miz: From reality star to Superstar; Mike Mizanin took fame to new heights with his villainous alter-ego, The Miz.
- EPISODE 3 – Sasha Banks: There’s a villain inside all of us. Sasha Banks unleashes hers to become “The Boss”.
- EPISODE 4 – Brothers of Destruction: Brothers and sworn enemies The Undertaker and Kane align to become the ultimate evil duo in WWE.
- EPISODE 5 – Randy Orton: Randy Orton’s “evil” evolution into the “Legend Killer” unleashes the true demons lurking within.
- EPISODE 6 – Stephanie McMahon: Stephanie McMahon (pictured) steps out of her father’s shadow to forge a legacy of power and corruption in WWE.
- EPISODE 7 – Ric Flair: Witness how the “Dirtiest Player in the Game” Ric Flair became one of WWE’s greatest villains.
- EPISODE 8 – Roman Reigns: From hated good guy to beloved bad guy; Roman Reigns finds new life by embracing his dark side.