Survey reveals biggest Bake Off earners on Instagram
September 22, 2020
Ahead of the new season, a survey has revealed how much former Great British Bake Off (GBBO) contestants earn on social media platform Instagram.
OnlineCasinos has ranked the stars from every series on their Instagram followings and potential earnings per post to reveal who makes the most money from the show.
The top 10 highest earning GBBO contestants of all time:
|Contestant||GBBO Year||Followers||Earnings Per Post (£)|
|1. Nadiya Hussain||2015||584K||£1,752.69|
|2. Edd Kimber||2010||310K||£931.51|
|3. Kim-Joy Hewlett||2018||253K||£760.33|
|4. Candice Brown||2016||241K||£723.56|
|5. Rahul Mandal||2018||200K||£601.09|
|6. Ruby Bhogal||2018||174K||£524.20|
|7. David Atherton||2019||124K||£372.19|
|8. Alice Fevronia||2019||114K||£343.76|
|9. Steph Blackwell||2019||114K||£343.19|
|10. Nancy Birtwhistle||2014||108K||£324.27|
- Nadiya Hussain, winner of GBBO 2015, is the top earner out of all contestants on the platform due to her follower count. She has the potential to make £1,752.69 per post.
- Alice Fevronia is the only former contestant active on TikTok with over 3,700 Followers and can earn up to £18.76 per post.
- Mary Berry doesn’t have an Instagram account, but former presenter Paul Hollywood does, and could earn up to £1,035.62 per post due to his 345K followers.
Putting their money where their mouth is:
- During lockdown, only 3 of the former contestants have been seen to be banking in on this earning potential by posting sponsored AD or Paid Promotion posts on Instagram.
- The 3 top lockdown earners are:
- Candice Brown. Making £5,064.92 from 7 AD posts.
- Kim-Joy Hewlett. Making £1,520.66 from 2 AD posts.
- Edd Kimber. Making £931.51 from 1 AD post.