Report: US advertisers shift styles in pandemic
March 16, 2021
TV has looked vastly different during these past 12 months. Networks and brands have had to adjust to the changing environment around them as production delays created programming gaps and live events disappeared, reports TV ad measurement and attribution specialist iSpot.
With audiences stuck at home – especially in those early months – dayparts also shifted entirely, forcing brands to find audiences in a variety of new places.
iSpot’s report on US TV ads since the pandemic provides data around some of the biggest storylines of the last year. Among the major takeaways from the report:
- Empowering ads were up 8 per cent, while funny spots dipped by 5 per cent
- Number of advertisers on TV increased by 6.1 per cent
- Ad airings increased by 5.6 per cent
- TV ad impressions jumped by 3.4 per cent
- Minutes of ad time rose by 9.1 per cent